COVID-19 Diagnostic Offerings
Standard BioTools Has Developed a High-Throughput Extraction-Free Diagnostic Test for the Detection of SARS-CoV-2 in Saliva
The Advanta™ Dx SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR Assay is a qPCR-based test that, by taking advantage of Standard BioTools™ proprietary microfluidics technology and the Juno™ and Biomark™ HD systems, enables reliable, high-capacity testing of saliva samples from patients suspected by their health care providers of COVID-19 (coronavirus) infection to support diagnostic decision making.
The assay has been authorized for use under FDA Emergency Use Authorization (EUA).
Test Platform Highlights
- Saliva-based test: The test performs equivalently to comparator nasal tests but utilizes convenient and noninvasive sample collection.
- Easy supply chain burden: Saliva can be collected using any sterile, preservative-free sample container, and the extraction-free workflow eliminates the need for viral RNA extraction kits.
- Lower sample volume requirements: Our microfluidic workflow uses an industry-leading 15 µL of sample input, 10x less than traditional microwell reverse transcription PCR methods, improving sample acceptance rates and preserving precious samples for use in other applications.
- High test capacity: Modular platform supports concurrent parallel runs to test up to 6,000* samples and controls per day per instrument.
* Actual results may vary based upon the following factors, including but not limited to: laboratory processes, workflows, equipment and the number of operators.
Want more information?
There’s an urgent need to simplify testing for COVID-19 so that people who are infected can be easily and quickly identified. The test we developed in collaboration with Standard BioTools doesn’t require RNA extraction, a time-consuming and expensive step necessary to other tests for SARS-CoV-2. Our test could be easily scaled up and made widely available. ”
– Richard Head | Director of the Genome Technology Access Center at the McDonnell Genome Institute